Right, so on to the recipe...
Tuna Veggie Casserole
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 3 (10 oz) cans of tuna
- 2 (10 oz) cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 c. skim milk (I used 1 c. and it was too thin)
- 1.5 - 2 c. frozen veggies (use your judgement)
- (optional) grated parmesan cheese [Side note: my Mom likes to call this "shakey cheese" because we buy the Kraft kind. I love this name and think you all should adopt it too.]
|See step 4|
- Preheat your oven to 350 and get the pasta water boiling.
- Toss the tuna, soup, and skim milk in a medium mixing bowl and stirrrrr.
- Here's where you multi-task as necessary. Cook your pasta until it's al-dente, also take out your large baking dish (13 x 9 or similar). Grease that baking dish.
- When the pasta is ready pour it into your baking dish, add the frozen veggies, mix well. DO NOT ADD YOUR SAUCE YET. I dumped everything together and it was a hot mess trying to stir without things spilling out of the dish.
- Now add your saucy mixture. Mix it in gently with a fork if your sauce isn't thin enough to run to the lower layers of your pasta. But really it should be, so if not maybe your should consider adding some more milk...
- Toss that puppy into the oven and cook it uncovered for 20 minutes (you should see bubbling).
- Remove casserole and serve.
- Optional - sprinkle some shakey cheese on your serving. Or not. Like I said this step is optional.