Well, if you did I would like to present you with the following as evidence that I only left you to deal with the frightening situation that was my apartment.
This was my first time moving ALL of my stuff ALL BY MYSELF. I moved in and out of college dorms three times. I moved once with my parents from a townhouse to their current home when I was in fourth grade (and I’m sure I was responsible for 0%) of that move. I’m told I also lived in an apartment with my parents before they bought a townhouse, but I have no recollection of that so it doesn’t count as a move at all. HB and our moving helped brought in all of his stuff which included all of the furniture and big items except the flat screen TV (which my Dad dropped off at the apartment for me). All of my “stuff” came to the apartment in the back of my tiny car. It took five trips. Thank goodness the apartment is only 20 minutes from my parent’s house!
Here were some things I learned:
- Never ever skip spring cleaning again. I had SO MUCH STUFF that ended up in the donate & trash piles.
- Set up the bed first. (Dad’s fantastic advice.)
- Set up the TV last. (Mom’s equally good advice.)
- Always accept more boxes when they are offered to you.
- Lots of medium sized boxes are better than a few large boxes (which get heavy FAST).
- I have too many books (and am willing to give away approximately none).
- I have too much yarn in my stash (and will be selling some of the overstock in a bulk listing on craigslist or ebay…eventually).
- Putting things away in kitchen cabinets is a science. And it’s like tetras.
Oh and just to make myself feel better here's a progress shot...
What did you do with the end of your summer?
And, coming soon…mood boards! Because even though it will probably take forever I do have a plan for how I want to decorate.